cfortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.

mr c fortunatio I asked yesterday a ? regarding help in a bankruptcy

mr c fortunatio I asked yesterday a ? regarding help in a bankruptcy re: the trustee selling my life time rights.. You said you could further help and I would appreciate your help.. U have provided excellent service and I thank you for the info.
Hi again,
I thanked you for removing the POOR SERVICE rating, and I explained how your daughter's rights would not be affected - in a reply to your original question.
Please let me know if you do not see that reply, and I will then resend it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes and thank you..

You're welcome!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi again, I would like to ask you a question.

If the trustee on the bankruptcy case does take a settlement from my daughter will the settlement end at this point..Will I no longer have any obligations to repay or have any more letters coming from the trustee and do you think the settlement can be negotiated? I am scheduled monday for a heart cath///I think all this woring is killing me..thanks m. .

Hi again,

That is correct. If the trustee accepts a settlement amount from your daughter to pay what he thinks is the value of your life estate, then that will be the end of his involvement with your life estate. In other words, he would then not be able to sell the life estate to anyone else, as your daughter will then own it.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

should we try to negotiate ? I don't know if there is a real good market for the trustee / my health concerns..what you reason a value for this settlement...I have nothing and my daughter has a lot of obligations herself.. thanks m

Your daughter should definitely try to negotiate with the trustee. The best way to negotiate is to let the trustee make the first offer, and then your daughter can offer less.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.