Terry L.
Terry L., Attorney
Experience:  Better Business Bureau. 18yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar Assoc. American Bankruptcy Institute member.
15345323

Hello, I have a new question for you and since you were so

I have a new question for you and since you were so helpful the last time, I wanted to ask you first.

I am a liscensed contractor , and times are dictating that I may have to file bankruptcy both personally and for my business. Would this affect my liscense status?

Terry L. :

Hi, thanks for your question. You should hire a lawyer for specific legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created here.

Terry L. :

Usually a bankruptcy case has no effect on licensing, unless you are a stockbroker or other financial advisor etc.

Terry L. :

Be sure to answer all questions accurately on any renewal applications etc.

Terry L. :

If you owe your vendors money, it may be hard to get new accounts with them in the future, unless you make arrangements with them.

Terry L. :

Let me know if you have any questions.

Terry L. :

thanks

Customer:

Thank you for your response, one final question and I will hit accept... If a judgement has not yet been placed on me, but is prior to filing... Can anyone attach to my business or personal account. Thanks

Terry L. :

A creditor cannot freeze assets until they get a judgment first, or unless you gave them a wage assignment or authorized a debit payment.

Terry L. :

Once you file, the creditors cannot do that, since you have bankruptcy automatic stay protection

Terry L. :

do you have any other questions?

Terry L. :

if you do, just let me know! thank you.

Terry L. :

terry

Customer:

Ok thanks! I think that is it for now. Thank you for your help.