Fritz
Fritz, Attorney
Experience:  Florida attorney with extensive experience in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 consumer bankruptcy cases
66229536

Would I put a lawsuit that is a class action and pending and

Would I put a lawsuit that is a class action and pending and who knows what will happen, its one of those that contact you by mail. well would i list that on 4? (a, b, c..?) on Statement of Financial Affairs?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Fritz replied 2 years ago.

Fritz :

Hi, I'd like to answer your bankruptcy questions this morning.

Fritz :

Yes, the class action should be listed under number 4 on your Statement of Financial Affairs.

Fritz :

Generally speaking, what type of class action lawsuit is this? Depending on what it relates to, it may need to be listed elsewhere in your schedules.

Expert:  Fritz replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Fritz replied 2 years ago.
You might also want to list the potential amount of recovery in Schedule B, under

"21. Other contingent and unliquidated claims of every nature, including tax refunds, counterclaims of the debtor, and rights to setoff claims. Give estimated value of each."

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
they are in a phase where, well, I didn't think anything of it until they sent me something saying how they've been trying to get me and they had or will have an inspector come to the house and then the construction folks will have an inspector and it's already been motion to be dismissed or they filed bankruptcy, i don't know and there's no way they can fix this house that was built in a week con muchas Coronas
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was going to put in #21, in fact i first replied that i put in #21 or 35, and then i remember I put it on #35 because the court forms dont give you much room and i put potential claims and amount of tax return on #21 and the last line wrote see #35, will that do? or what would you suggest? been so busy readin the books and I'd love to read the rules on it, but outta time and cellular ability
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
,are you busy at work? i have a few questions about statement of financial affairs, i'm going to throw them out there and I hope you can catch them, if not thanks and catcha later. If you are able to detail the best route (which I know you are which is why I was hopin you were on as you are very helpful
Expert:  Fritz replied 2 years ago.
I have a few minutes to assist you... I may leave for a few minutes from time to time, but I'll come back when I can. Go ahead and ask your questions. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
are you able to see them above, or my last 2 replies? i can repost if necessary, and #1 on Statement of Financial Affairs, do I need to put down income I received from renting a room/rooms? I had put it on the monthly income statement for last 6 months and on Schedule I
Expert:  Fritz replied 2 years ago.

i put potential claims and amount of tax return on #21 and the last line wrote see #35, will that do? or what would you suggest?

Anticipated tax refunds should probably be listed in #18 (remember to list your tax refund as an exemption in Schedule C as well).

Fritz, Attorney
Experience: Florida attorney with extensive experience in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 consumer bankruptcy cases
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thanks, XXXXX XXXXX is the first year I'm not getting one. The form I have for # XXXXX says to list Tax Refunds, but I can put it on 18, i don't think i have anything there and it'll make more room in that box
. shoot i was writing a question and i hope it didn't get lost, i'm going to check, about rental income but nothing big, but for room rentals but I lost way more than I made. I have rented out rooms on and off for years. I put the income I had received in the monthly (6) month look back of income. But since I am amending and now looking at s.o.f.a. I am seeing and remembering things. I have already had 341 but new creditors and this lawsuit came up, however as soon as I signed the paper for the lawsuit, I had sent the same paper to the Trustee. I just dont want to amend sch I or J, but gonna go look at B for tax refund
Expert:  Fritz replied 2 years ago.

#1 on Statement of Financial Affairs, do I need to put down income I received from renting a room/rooms?

Yes, although I personally would put it under #2 along with tax refunds actually received. I don't think it's wrong to put it under #1 if you consider renting property your business, but "rents" are listed under #2 in the instructions to the Statement of Financial Affairs.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I actually haven't put it anywhere yet because I was only amending A,B,C and statement of intention. i didn't want to do anymore but since i did it myself I thought I better check all. i decided not to change Sch I and J because they are as I was when I filed, even though things have changed, and now I thought I was finished and was perusing SOFA and so many memories are coming to me, or as I'm cleaning up the wall to wall paper mached house and i am now starting to open mail that is months old, because I only opened mail that I knew I needed to pay a bill, even then they aren't getting paid on time because of my one track mind making sure I get this right...endless reading
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
oh should I put last years tax refund on #2 of SOFA? for the 2010 year? i put it somewhere else, but i can retrieve it.
Expert:  Fritz replied 2 years ago.

oh should I put last years tax refund on #2 of SOFA? for the 2010 year?

I believe income from tax refunds for the last two years should be listed in #2. It's not a huge deal so long as you listed it somewhere.

Fritz, Attorney