dylatess
dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law
29685164

If I file for chapter 7 bankruptsy what happens to my income

If I file for chapter 7 bankruptsy what happens to my income debts from IRS and State of California?
Over 34 years, I have assisted my clients with debt problems having filed more than 32000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petitions.
Debts owing to the IRS and the State of California are dischargeable as part of your BK if:

they are owing for more than five years
You filed your tax returns on time
You have not made payments on these taxes for over 24 months

Note, you should have someone prepare your BK for you as that person will be able to review your tax obligations and advise if the taxes can be wiped out.

**Please let me know if my assistance was anything less than "OK Service", as I am compensated based on whether or not I have assisted you with your issue. If you need further clarifications, PLEASE WAIT TO RATE MY ANSWER UNTIL AFTER RECEIVING FOLLOW UP FROM ME. If I receive anything less than OK Service, I do not get paid, but the Web site will still collect your payment. Thank you for your kind understanding in this matter.**