socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)
10097515

in the middle of divorce in ohio my soon to be ex filed in

in the middle of divorce in ohio my soon to be ex filed in putting down his income he put 2 he is living with his girlfriend why do they allow that when he is still married to me also when putting down what he has to pay out he put down he has rent etc,he does pay rent why don't they check on these things?
For bankruptcy purposes, a debtor's household income includes any cohabiting partner (girlfriend/boyfriend) and that partner's children, if any. See In re Herbert, 405 B.R. 165 (NC WD 2008).

It's just how the law is written. Your husband doesn't have a choice.

Please let me know if I can clarify or assist you further.

NOTICE: My goal here is to entertain while educating the public about the law. I hope my answer is useful and informative to you. During our conversation, the website may ask you to rate my answer. If you rate my answer lower than the middle rating, then the website retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing. It is entirely your choice as to how you rate my answer. However, because your payment to me is in the nature of a donation/gift, rather than as compensation for any services rendered, you are entitled to know how your rating affects the final distribution of your donation.

If you need to contact me again, please put my user id at the beginning of your question ("To Socrateaser"), and the system will send me an alert. Please Click the following link for IMPORTANT LEGAL INFORMATION. Thanks and best wishes!