cortrightlaw, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney practicing Bankruptcy Law including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13.

You replied Saturday, July 07, 2012 8:33 PM CST I am wondering

You replied

Saturday, July 07, 2012 8:33 PM CST
I am wondering if it is even worth it to go thru all the work to file bankrupcy since i have nothing for my creditors to take---

cortrightlaw : That's a personal choice and it depends on your age and if it will bother you or not to just avoid the creditors. Some people that are uncollectable do not worry about the creditors am others worry about what might happen even if they are uncollectable. Probably it is best to go through with the bankruptcy so you know you don't have to worry about the debt or collectors again.

OK, and for someone in my position is Chapter7 the only option? Is it the best option for someone in my financial situation (no assets). Also, can my creditors put a lean against me in case I got money in the future- I am talking years, possibly decades out- I am 57 years old.

cortrightlaw : 7 would be the best option as it would eliminate all of the debt forever and based in your age I reall think you should deal with it and not just avoid it, that would be to long to hide from the debt. And after it is discharged they will never be able to come after Ou again for the money, it is permanently discharged.

ok, you have been so helpful! Is there any last advice you have for me?

cortrightlaw : If you are on a tight budget you can buy a book by Nolopress on chapter 7 the will guide you through the whole process, and if you get stuck you can always asks me a couple questions on here for assistance,