cortrightlaw, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney practicing Bankruptcy Law including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13.

my son and his wife owe me $73,000 and have fiiled for bankruptcy. Does that me I won

my son and his wife owe me $73,000 and have fiiled for bankruptcy. Does that me I won't get any money? They have no assets. I took him to small claims court for the arrears on one of the loans but the judge dismissed the case but suggested I sue in Superior Court for the entire amount. My son kept telling me he was going to pay. I gave him until the end of June but they filed for bankruptcy 6/28/12
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cortrightlaw replied 4 years ago.

cortrightlaw : If he filed for chapter 7 and listed you as a creditor the debt he owes you can be discharged by the bankruptcy court unless he obtained the money from you by way of fraud.
cortrightlaw :

you just rated my response as OK? did you need some further clarification to your question? if so please let me know and I will gladly respond.