cortrightlaw
cortrightlaw, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney practicing Bankruptcy Law including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13.
63110502

RE: seizure of bank accounts (PA) after judgment In addition

RE: seizure of bank accounts (PA) after judgment

In addition to my regular consumer checking and savings I also have a business checking account for my LLC. (I am the Sole Manager). The business account is titled with my business name and LLC. Can the creditor seize this account?

I could also re-direct my pension payment to this account. Would it be protected from seizure there?

Can the creditor touch any of my LLC money or the profits from my business? (The creditor is a consumer credit card banker, and the credit card account was not used in the normal conduct of my business.

Please advise. Many thanks.

cortrightlaw : As long as the LLC has its own unique tax ID number and it is not associated with your social security never you should be fine, since it is a separate entity and the judgment is not againsts the corporation.