How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask WALLSTREETESQ Your Own Question

Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 15994
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
WALLSTREETESQ is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed chp 13 and a few weeks ago and I got a "OBJECTION TO

Customer Question

I filed chp 13 and a few weeks ago and I got a "OBJECTION TO DEBTOR'S SCHEDULED VALUATION AND CLAIMED EXEMPTIONS OF SCHEDULED PROPERTY" notice. I actually made a mistake and under valued the car and took a $1,000 exemption. So now a hearing is set for 07/05/2012. I amended the documents as required by the attorney who served me, made the exemption to be zero and valued the car at what he proposed it should have been. I sent the amended paper work to him and the court. I also sent him an email. I have not received a response yet. What should I do to make sure the meeting is going to be cancelled. I am out of town and will not be able to attend and even if I was I wouldn't want to drive 2 hours to the court. I fixed what the attorney said was wrong. I just don't want to not show up for a scheduled hearing and that would make me look bad. It is a non evidentiary hearing. If I don't show can my chp 13 filing be dismissed? The 341 meeting is at the end of the month.

Country relating to Question: United States
State (if USA): Florida
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 2 years ago.


Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarification.

Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 2 years ago.

If you made the changes, the creditor in most cases would withdraw their motion and the issue would be moot. The fact is if the creditor or the trustee did not ask for the case to be dismissed, and you fail to appear, then the Credtiors motion would be approved, and in reality nothing would change, your 341 meeting would still take place.

If you cannot appear, I would send a letter to the trustee, creditors attorney and Judge, simply stating that the changes were made in your schedule, and you could not appear at the hearing.

In almost all situations, you would be fine, and the Court would not dismiss your entire chapter 13 petition. The only way the chapter 13 could be dismissed is with a separate hearing where you are served with papers requesting a dismissal, if you were never served this, your case would not be dismissed.

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
< Last | Next >
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony Apopka, FL
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK

Meet The Experts:

  • FiveStarLaw


    Satisfied Customers:

    Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
< Last | Next >
  • FiveStarLaw's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
  • Terry L.'s Avatar

    Terry L.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Better Business Bur 15yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar
  • Phillips Esq.'s Avatar

    Phillips Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
  • cortrightlaw's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Attorney practicing Bankruptcy Law including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13.
  • JoeLawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Attorney in the practice of Bankruptcy Law since 1996
  • dylatess's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    35 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law
  • Brent Blanchard's Avatar

    Brent Blanchard

    Bankruptcy Attorney

    Satisfied Customers:

    Twelve years experience in all aspects of debtor & creditor BK.