grantlawpc
grantlawpc, Attorney
Experience:  United States Bankruptcy Code: Chapter 11 Business Attorney; Restructuring and Recoveries
19664766

creditors have filed to force me into involuntary bankrupty

Customer Question

creditors have filed to force me into involuntary bankrupty . they have a judgement against me for over 1 million dollars. i have $ 2,500 . i have a consulting job for $ 2,000per month, i have no car or home. and no health insurance. i am 54 years old . what can i do????
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  grantlawpc replied 4 years ago.

grantlawpc :

They have done this to try to get a good picture of exactly what you have that they can take.

grantlawpc :

Why do you have a concern regarding allowing it to happen? If the facts turn out the way you state, it will just end with the judgment being discharged.

grantlawpc :

Are their other concerns you have with the bankruptcy?

grantlawpc :

I know it feels scary to be in bankruptcy, but it's not necessarily bad for you.