cortrightlaw
cortrightlaw, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney practicing Bankruptcy Law including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13.
63110502

Re open bk case

Re open bk case

cortrightlaw : You can reopen it by filing a motion to reopen and paying the filing fee. Or the easier way would be to just refile a new case and pay the filing fee.
Customer:

hi so just refile and pay the fee

Customer:

that would be a easier way

cortrightlaw : Yes as long it was dismissed without prejudice you can just refile, that would be the easiest solution.
Customer:

okay

Customer:

what does prejudice mean

Prejudice is when they do not let you refile for 6 months. Also are you in default on a car or house payment and need the automatic stay to be in place? If so the stay is only good for 30 days on the second filing, right after you file you have to file a motiOn to extend the stay past 30 days.
I was glad to be of assistance answering your bankruptcy question. As you proceed through the bankruptcy process if you have any additional bankruptcy questions I would be glad to assist you. When asking your questions just request cortrightlaw and the question will be routed to me for a response.

Attorney Kevin Cortright