cortrightlaw
cortrightlaw, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney practicing Bankruptcy Law including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13.
63110502

Currently in chapt 13 and trying to refinance and pay off the

Currently in chapt 13 and trying to refinance and pay off the bankruptcy , since my banks and all other lenders that I hv contacted will not consider working with me , I was wondering if you could tell me if there is any lenders that will work with people in my situation . thanks
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cortrightlaw replied 4 years ago.

cortrightlaw : I have not heard of any lenders actually refinancing an individual who is in a chapter 13. Usually before you will be able to qualify again you need to complete your chapter 13 an then rebuild your credit for about 2 years. Some lenders will modify your loan while in bankruptcy as long as the court will approve the modification.
Customer:
Customer:

thanks

cortrightlaw :

Sorry I didn't have better new for you.

cortrightlaw :

If I have satisfactorily answered your question please take the time to rate it so I can receive credit, if not please request clarification and I will gladly respond.

I was glad to be of assistance answering your bankruptcy question. As you proceed through the bankruptcy process if you have any additional bankruptcy questions I would be glad to assist you. When asking your questions just request cortrightlaw and the question will be routed to me for a response.

Attorney Kevin Cortright