Joseph Scott
Joseph Scott, Attorney
Experience:  I have practiced bankruptcy law for 10 years. Have handled hundreds of cases.

i didnt put my student loans on my bankrupcy filing because

i didn't put my student loans on my bankrupcy filing because i thought i could pay them. looks like my career is over, so can i add my student loans to my filing and how long after filing can i add my sudent loans to my bakrupcy filing.
First of all, I am sorry to hear about your employment problems. I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX the best. Your question is a great question, but, unfortunately, student loans are not dischargable in bankruptcy. Even if you would have included them in your original Petition, you would not have been able to discharge them.

The federal government protects the guaranteed loans from bankruptcy proceedings. In order to be discharge your guaranteed loans, you almost have to be completely disabled in every way, shape and form. In essence, it's almost impossible to discharge them.

However, if you have private loans, then they are easier to discharge, but still not easy.

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that is the harsh reality. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

My best,

J. Scott