cortrightlaw, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney practicing Bankruptcy Law including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13.

We have been using a debt settlement comany to help us with

We have been using a debt settlement comany to help us with our outstanding debt for 4 months now and now we have been served with a judgement from one of our creditors. What should we do? What can happen to us if the judgment is won. The bank is in PA and we now live in AZ.

cortrightlaw : Once they have a judgment they can garnish your wages, or attach the funds in your bank account. Most debt settlement companies are scams that charge high fees and obtain little or no results. It is very common that people come into my office exploring their bankruptcy options after being in a debt settlement program for 4-6 months. It sounds like your situation is at the point were you need to seriously consider bankruptcy as an option.

so is it too late now? We have been in the Debt Settlement company for 4 months now.

We own a home in AZ, but the mortgage amt is higher than the value of the home now, we have a vehicle that is financed with the same situation. We gave back another vehicle that was upside down and now owe $7,000 on that vehicle since it was sold. We owe %15K to Mayo Clinic; $15K to the bank above and another $8K to credit cards. I am disabled and my husband is working. What should we do?

cortrightlaw : No it is not to late, bankruptcy can still stop the judgment
cortrightlaw : From what you have stated it sounds like you would be a good candidate for chapter 7 bankruptcy which would eliminate all of the problems you have listed. Go meet with a local bankruptcy attorney who can look over your complete financial situation and give you individualized recommendations.

thank you.