dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law

How does municipal bankruptcy differ from that of corporate

How does municipal bankruptcy differ from that of corporate bankruptcy?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  dylatess replied 4 years ago.
Over 33 years, I have assisted my clients with debt problems having filed more than 32000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petitions. In a municipal bankruptcy, the municipality is reorganizing and therefore staying as a municipality but asking the court to reorganize their debts. I a corporate bankruptcy, the business is either going out of business as in a chapter 7 or reorganizing like a municipality by fling a chapter 11. Note, most municipalities file a chapter 12.

Best regards XXXXX XXXXX am glad  to help.  Please be so kind as to click the GREEN accept button as I do not get paid for my assistance unless you accept.   A bonus and and positive feedback are also appreciated.  An ACCEPT also assures that I can assist you again.  I wish you the best in the future.  Thanks.