dylatess
dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law
29685164

I recently filed BK last Friday.On 2 of the unsecured debts

I recently filed BK last Friday.On 2 of the unsecured debts I had settled with them a while ago but they never would show that on the credit reports so in my filing i put them down in the unsecured debt schedule.Is that ok or should i amend that or tell the trustee.What do u suggest.I have the settlement letters but they would never update credit reports.Thx
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  dylatess replied 4 years ago.
Over 33 years, I have assisted my clients with debt problems having filed more than 32000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petitions. You did the right thing by listing these two creditors. Likewise, by filing chapter 7, it means that you are asking that all of your unsecured debts be discharged. So if you have any doubt, it is best advised to list all of your debts so to prevent a creditor from later coming back and say that they were not listed and that you still owe them money. So you do not need to file an amendment or inform the trustee.

Best regards XXXXX XXXXX am glad  to help.  Please be so kind as to click the GREEN accept button as I do not get paid for my assistance unless you accept.   A bonus and and positive feedback are also appreciated.  An ACCEPT also assures that I can assist you again.  I wish you the best in the future.  Thanks.