How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask FiveStarLaw Your Own Question

FiveStarLaw, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 3311
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
FiveStarLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have to ammend all my schedules for a Chapter 7 and am pro

Customer Question

i have to ammend all my schedules for a Chapter 7 and am pro se. I will be doing an adversary hearing/complaint if the Trustee doesnt do it first (I heard he has first dibs). I will be suing the lender.
However, it says to put in Scheule A an entity that claims to have a lien or hold a secured interest in any property, and state the amount of the claim.
I have 2 houses.
House 1: has a recorded Corporate Assignment Deed of Trust at the County, does that make it secured? I can list it as secured, however I believe and have proof it is unsecured. Since I will be doing a complaint and listing it on Schedule B under other, should I initially list it as secured?
As I said, I believe it is unsecured, but it is recorded.

For House 2: the First Mortgage current lender/servicer never recorded an assignment, but I have a mortgage of $245,000.00 with them. They were assigned my loan by a company that has filed BK in 2006, and the current servicer does not have an assignment or endorsed assignment. I quit paying them a month before i filed for BK because I thought they have no proof. But they told me they dont have the original note, but they have a copy and of the deed of trust that i signed with the BK lender and that is good enough. They said they shredded the original Promissary Note because it "is dangerous if they dont shred it and it gets in the wrong hands."
And then...for HOUSE 2, I do have a HELOC that was recorded as well as an assignment of rents. I was only going to put the HELOC as secured since it is recorded at the county.

How do I put them in my schedules? If I list House 1 as secured can I still sue them as being unsecured? and I plan on doing a complaint for Fraud as well. Thank-you, I hope this makes sense
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
< Last | Next >
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony Apopka, FL
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK

Meet The Experts:

  • FiveStarLaw


    Satisfied Customers:

    Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
< Last | Next >
  • FiveStarLaw's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
  • Terry L.'s Avatar

    Terry L.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Better Business Bur 15yrs bankruptcy experience. Chicago Bar
  • Phillips Esq.'s Avatar

    Phillips Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
  • cortrightlaw's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Attorney practicing Bankruptcy Law including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13.
  • JoeLawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Attorney in the practice of Bankruptcy Law since 1996
  • dylatess's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    35 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law
  • Brent Blanchard's Avatar

    Brent Blanchard

    Bankruptcy Attorney

    Satisfied Customers:

    Twelve years experience in all aspects of debtor & creditor BK.

Related Bankruptcy Law Questions

Chat Now With A Bankruptcy Lawyer
Bankruptcy Lawyer
3311 Satisfied Customers
Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.