dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law

I have just completed a chapter 13 bankruptcy in Dutchess County

Customer Question

I have just completed a chapter 13 bankruptcy in Dutchess County NY. I have surrendered my house. Am I still responsible for the maintenance of the property. My ex neighbors have been calling!! THANK YOU.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  dylatess replied 4 years ago.
Over 33 years, I have assisted my clients with debt problems having filed more than 32000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petitions. No you are absolutely NOT!

Note, in your chapter 13, you signed a declaration that you were not reaffirming the home. Likewise, that put the lender on notice that you are no longer legally obligated to maintain the property. so you should refer any phone calls to the bank or whomever is your lender.

I wish you well. And I thank you for using this service. Note, because I help people like you for a living, I depend on your support. Likewise, your abiding by the honor system by Clicking the ACCEPT button now is most appreciated. Otherwise I do not get paid anything at all. A BONUS and POSITIVE FEEDBACK is also most welcomed. Your Accept also assures that I can assist you again. I wish you the best in your future.