socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)
10097515

IF I have 50 K cash and invested in an investment days before

IF I have 50 K cash and invested in an investment days before failing for Bankruptcy how does court look at that ?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 4 years ago.
If you don't schedule the money on your petition, and the bankruptcy trustee discovers that you have concealed the money, then that would be grounds to dismiss the bankruptcy entirely.

You need to have a good explanation for what happened to the money, or you need to schedule it in your petition, so that it becomes available to the bankruptcy trustee to pay your creditors.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate the public about the law. Please help me in this effort by clicking Accept (or, click on one of the happy smiley faces/stars/etc., if applicable) for my Answer to your Question. If you have a subscription account, clicking Accept does not create any additional charge. It merely gets me credit for my Answer.

And, if you need to contact me again, please put my user id at the beginning of your question ("To Socrateaser"), and the system will send me an alert. Thanks!

Please Click the following link for IMPORTANT LEGAL INFORMATION.