TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

i will have to file very soon, i think chap 11, i need a completely

i will have to file very soon, i think chap 11, i need a completely fresh start. i do not have a checking account any more, just in fear of one of my credit card creditors taking what i may have in there...i have been paying my bill through my father's checking account with his money, i repay him when i can.

my question is...when i do file, will my fathers personal account be an issue because i have been paying my bill from his account?
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Q: "when i do file, will my fathers personal account be an issue because i have been paying my bill from his account?"

A: So long as the account is not in your name and it cannot be established that the account is being held for you in your father's name (i.e., a scam whereby the account is actually yours, but it's in your father's name to prevent creditors from getting it), then it will not be considered your asset, and it will not be included in your bankruptcy (i.e., it will not be a part of your bankruptcy estate).

I hope that helps. Please remember to click "accept."