cfortunato
cfortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.
14232603

A substantial investment was made in a firm indirectly related

A substantial investment was made in a firm indirectly related to real estate in late 2007. The firm suffered increasing financial stress beginning with the 2008 ecomomic downturn, culminating in an October 2011 Chapter 11 bankrutcy filing before the United States Bankruptcy Court in Salt Lake City, Utah.

As an investor, I have received "Notice of Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Case, Meeting of Equity Holders & Deadlines" correspondence from the Court, which includes a letter establishing April 20, 2012 as the deadline to file an equity proof of interest; a 30+ page exhibit of all other interest holders accompanied the notice of bankruptcy letter. The exhibit accurately lists my name and investment data.

What, if anything, do I need to file with the Court before the April 20, 2012 deadline, since I am already included in the exhbit's list of interest holders? If a filing is needed, what form does such a filing require and what is proof to the Court of my interest - perhaps copies of stock certificates?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cfortunato replied 4 years ago.

Hi JACustomer,

Hi JACustomer,
Here is the Proof of Claim that needs to be filed:
http://www.uscourts.gov/uscourts/RulesAndPolicies/rules/BK_Forms_Current/B_010.pdf.

When a Proof of Claim form is filed, it is presumed that all the information in that form is correct. Accordingly, it is not necessary to submit any additional proof of the claim. Bankruptcy Stat. 3001(f).

I think this is what you wanted to know. If not, please let me know.
Thank you.