cfortunato
cfortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.
14232603

I filed chapter 13 a year ago in north carolina. i have a buyer

I filed chapter 13 a year ago in north carolina. i have a buyer to purchase my home i have up for sell. I have notified the courts and all creditors have been advised of the sell. one creditor has objected to the sell of my home. what can this person do or get from this? i have a hearing with the judge on this matter and also with the creditor. What are my rights, concerns i need to know? i am sick and planned on paying the house off and using extra monies of the sell of my home for medical bills. please advised and concern. the person purchasing my home has already moved in and paying rent till the house closes. Please help.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cfortunato replied 5 years ago.

cfortunato :

Hi JACustomer,

cfortunato :

Is your Chapter 13 still in progress?

Customer:

yes. I have 2 yrs left. I filed 3/11.

Customer:

I have been paying a monthly fee to my trustee for a year now. i have a 36 month plan.

Given the information you provided, to stop the sale of your house, that creditor would have to prove that you are selling the house for significantly less than what it can be sold for. If you are not selling the house for significantly less than what it can be sold for, that creditor will not be able to stop the sale of your house.

I think this is what you wanted to know. If not, please let me know.
Thank you.