socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate Broker -- Retired (mostly)

Do all of my debts have to be paid through Chapter 13? I am

Do all of my debts have to be paid through Chapter 13? I am only behind on my mortgage everything else is current.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 4 years ago.
A Chapter 13 plan must provide for all of the debtor's obligations (creditor claims). A debtor can reaffirm any individual debt as part of the plan, however, the plan must be comprehensive -- otherwise the plan is likely to be rejected as unfair to the creditors included in the plan.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate the public about the law. Please help me in this effort by clicking Accept for my Answer to your Question. If you have a subscription account, clicking Accept does not create any additional charge. It merely gets me credit for my Answer.

And, if you need to contact me again, please put my user id on the title line of your question ("To Socrateaser"), and the system will send me an alert. Thanks!

Please Click the following link for IMPORTANT LEGAL INFORMATION.