TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

How do I obtain the legal document to remove or satisfy a judgement

Customer Question

How do I obtain the legal document to remove or satisfy a judgement that was discharged in bankruptcy six years ago?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

The judgment doesn't get removed. It is not collectible, but the record of it remains in the court. It will not be marked as satisfied or even discharged in the court. It will just remain unsatisfied since it won't be paid. Eventually, it will be removed from your credit report, but that won't happen until 7 years after the judgment was granted.

Have I satisfactorily addressed your concerns? If not, then feel free to let me know, as I will be happy to clarify my answer or help with your follow-up questions. In the meantime, please remember to click the green accept button so that I will receive credit and compensation for my time (doing so does not end our discussion). Positive feedback is always appreciated as well. Thank you and good luck!