cortrightlaw
cortrightlaw, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney practicing Bankruptcy Law including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13.
63110502

I filed a chapter 7 bankruptcy. My lawyer told me that he

I filed a chapter 7 bankruptcy. My lawyer told me that he would send me the information concerning the course in personal financial management. He did not tell me that there was a time limit on doing so. I made many attempts to contact him to get the information leaving a message on his answering service. I never spoke to him. I recently received a letter stating that the case is closed without entry of a dischare order. What does this mean and what can I do about it? I have called him many times and he will not call me.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cortrightlaw replied 4 years ago.

cortrightlaw : This can be fixed but you will have to file a motion to reopen the case so that the class can be completed and the certificates filed with the court after the case is reopened, then the case will close with a discharge. You will need to pay the filing fee again.
cortrightlaw :

Have I satisfactorily answered your question? If I have please remember to click the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so that I will receive credit and compensation for my time (doing so does not end our discussion), i will gladly clarify my response or respond to follow up questions if needed.