WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

If I file my bk myself can i handwrite the answers vs typing

If I file my bk myself can i handwrite the answers vs typing it in?Do u think I can file on my own if I use the How to file for Chapter 7 Bk book? Thanks. will I be able to ask any of you how to fill out a particular section? Thanks
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 5 years ago.

WALLSTREETESQ :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarification

WALLSTREETESQ :

You could hand write the petition, and it is possible, I would suggest using a bankruptcy petition preparer they charge a fee as low as $185.00 and will prepare your chapter 7 petition for you

WALLSTREETESQ :

A chapter 7 bankruptcy, can be completed successfully by yourself,

WALLSTREETESQ :

if you have limited assets, and creditors,

Customer:

The one thing I am a little unclear about is the means test.Do i do that in the bk filing paperwork.I am married but filing bk just myself.do I file bk as single but married? Thanks

WALLSTREETESQ :

You would file a single but married,

WALLSTREETESQ :

the means test is used to determine if you are entitled to file a bankruptcy, it depends on your income,

WALLSTREETESQ :

if your household income, which would include your spouses, is below the State median you can file,

Customer:

Thats after various expenses/deductions? So where do I take this means test on the form/

WALLSTREETESQ :

the means test has their own forms, and you have to use the form to see if you qualify

WALLSTREETESQ :

Most individual debtors filing for bankruptcy relief are required to complete either Official Bankruptcy Form 22A or 22C (Statement of Current Monthly Income and calculations).

WALLSTREETESQ :

A debtor must enter income and expense information onto the appropriate form (i.e., Form 22A or Form 22C) and then make calculations using the information entered. Some of the information needed to complete these forms, such as a debtor's current monthly income, comes from the debtor's own personal records. However, other information needed to complete the forms comes from the Census Bureau and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). This Web site reproduces the Census Bureau and IRS Data necessary to complete Bankruptcy Forms 22A and 22C. The source data reproduced here is also available directly from the IRS and Census Bureau using the links at the bottom of this page

WALLSTREETESQ :

You can use the link above to find out the national standards to use to complete the form

WALLSTREETESQ :

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask

WALLSTREETESQ :

If satisfied please press the accept button so we can receive credit

Customer:

Last one.I will hit answer.If I use a preparer do they have the means test with these plugged in numbers and then whatever I answered on that gets put into the filing?

WALLSTREETESQ :

yes, they will have this service,

WALLSTREETESQ :

and you can check online their are several companies that offer this service,

Customer:

any rec?

WALLSTREETESQ :

Sponsored Results

WALLSTREETESQ :

Legalzoom is fine

WALLSTREETESQ :

the others I do not know but they have been used