dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law

We filed 7 about Aug of 2011. Debts were dismissed, now one

We filed 7 about Aug of 2011. Debts were dismissed, now one of the creditors is trying to collect on their portion of the debt.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  dylatess replied 4 years ago.
Over 33 years, I have assisted my clients with debt problems having filed more than 32000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petitions. I am glad you have an attorney as your debts have now been discharged and if the creditor was listed, they lost their legal rights to collect. And even if they were not listed, as should have been, they can be stopped now. so get a hold of your attorney and he will no how to proceed.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So is there some sort of fine you can get for coming after us? They already sent both my husband and I a financial disclosure to fill out.
Expert:  dylatess replied 4 years ago.
YES, if you have a discharge of debtor entered by the court, and they are still pursuing you, can can file an action against them for malicious prosecution and seek fees and costs.