cfortunato
cfortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.
14232603

We bought a point time share in panama city in Florida. Unfortunately

Customer Question

We bought a point time share in panama city in Florida.
Unfortunately We had to file the bankcrucy. It had been discharged in 2years.
And I have received a document of the final hearing.
What is this document and is there anything we have to do?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cfortunato replied 2 years ago.

cfortunato :

Hi JACustomer,

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.

Hi JACustomer,

1) Did you own the timeshare before you filed your Bankruptcy?

2) Was this a Chapter 7 or a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy?

3) Where did the final hearing document come from?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1. I owned 2 years before the bankruptcy.
2. Chapter 7.
3. From the time share lawyer, florida

If your liability to pay for the timeshare was discharged in your Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, you should attend the hearing with a copy of your Bankruptcy papers - to make sure the judge knows that this obligation was discharged in your Bankruptcy.

I think this is what you wanted to know. If not, please let me know.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am in virginia, and I have discharged from bankrupcy including the time share. Do i need to still attend the hearing?

You do not have to attend. But it would be a good idea to contact the attorneys who sent you the papers to make sure they understand this was discharged in a Bankruptcy.

If they did not know, you may have to send them a copy of part of your Bankruptcy petition - to show them this was discharged.

cfortunato, Attorney
Experience: Bankruptcy professor.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Oh! Thank you.
But How could i have record that they received the copy?
I am worry that they say they don't receive it.

Thank you for accepting my answer!

You should send the paperwork via Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much!
How can I contact you when i need the help?

You're welcome!

To contact me, start any future questions with "Dear cfortunato", and I will get them.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK I will do that.
Thank you
You're welcome!