WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

I had a company that filed bankruptcy in February of 2005 and

I had a company that filed bankruptcy in February of 2005 and that bankruptcy was terminated in May of 2006. I received via certafied mail a demand letter from an attorney for payment on account for one of the creditors that was listed on the bankruptcy a few days ago. How should I respond?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 5 years ago.

WALLSTREETESQ : Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on
WALLSTREETESQ : Did the company file a chapter 7, and were all the creditors discharged?
WALLSTREETESQ : Were you personally liable for the debts?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The company did file chapter 7, but I am not sure if all creditors were discharged. I don't think I was personally liable for the debts. Is there anyway I can email you the documentation I received from the state regarding the bankruptsy and you could look at the paperwork for me?

You can type the contents of the letter here, and I can review it.

If your company filed a chapter 7, and you did list the creditor, than the debt should have been discharged,

If you have did not list the creditor, than the creditor could still come after the Corporation, or debtor.