cortrightlaw, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney practicing Bankruptcy Law including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13.

I filed bankruptcy well over 10 years ago. We have continued

I filed bankruptcy well over 10 years ago. We have continued to pay the mortage however we never reaffirmed the debt with the service of a attorney. My partner and I went our seperate ways with her and our daughter staying in the house. She has made some late payments on the mortage.

My question is can the bank holding our mortage continue to report me as 30 days behind, or are they breaking some law?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cortrightlaw replied 4 years ago.
If you did not reaffirm the debt it should show on your credit report as discharged in bankruptcy and it should not show any further payment history. You should challenge the report saying that it was discharged by your bankruptcy.