How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask cfortunato Your Own Question
cfortunato, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 8023
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
cfortunato is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do you handle a discharge when younever received notification

Resolved Question:

How do you handle a discharge when younever received notification from the bankruptcy court that you are not discharged for a bankruptcy?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cfortunato replied 5 years ago.

Hi JACustomer,

1) Are you asking about a personal Bankrutpcy or a business Bankrutpcy?

2) Why was your Bankrutpcy dismissed?


Customer: replied 5 years ago.
1. Both but the corporate bankruptcy was dismissed - not the personal.

2. My pro bono attorneys (under a federal lawsuit I filed for anti-trust violations against competitor) was amended by the attorneys and made me and the corporation one entity. They then had me sign an agreement and told me it was to my financial benefit to do so and that I would also be returning to the business. That never happened. Frankly, I believe that the bankruptcy is still open.
Expert:  cfortunato replied 5 years ago.

You certainly should have received notice that your corporate Bankruptcy case was dismissed - if it was dismissed.

To find out if your corporate Bankrutpcy was dismissed, you can ask the clerk at the Bankrutpcy court. If your case was dismissed, you can file a motion asking that the case be re-opened. The Bankruptcy court clerk can give you the necessary forms and instructions to file that motion.


I think this is what you wanted to know. If not, please let me know.
Thank you.




cfortunato and 2 other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Dear cfortunato,

Thank you for your reply. I did receive a response from wallstreetesq.
affiliated with Just Answer who advised that I should re-open my bankruptcy and request a "discharge" order from the court. I have already paid the $40.00 for his answer.

My bankruptcy is a lot more complicated. In reviewing the pacer info
today, I learned that my Chapter 7 was apparently changed to a Chapter
13 (WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE OR AGREEMENT - unless my pro bono attorneys
agreed to those terms without telling me what they did when I signed
the "stipulation" with prejudice" - (copy of which I never saw) the
stipulation I signed said absolutely nothing about such terms).

Not only that, but my attorneys knew that I would never sign such an
agreement and that is why they lied to me. They led me to believe
that I would receive a settlement and then would return to my own
business. Instead, my Illinois home is gone, my Wisconsin property,
and my business. In 1996 I learned that the bankruptcy court wrote
the program business I designed and generated over $20 Million in
gross revenues. I learned this after suing my pro bono attorneys in
Chicago Circuit Court.

Frankly I like your answer better than wallstreetesq. How should I

Thank you.

Expert:  cfortunato replied 5 years ago.

i didn't know your question was already answered. But that is okay!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I'm so sorry. May I use you for future questions?
Expert:  cfortunato replied 5 years ago.
Yes - just start your question with "Dear cfortunato", and I will receive it. And please don't be sorry!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you so very much.

Have a great weekend.
Expert:  cfortunato replied 5 years ago.
You're welcome! And you have a great weekend also!