cfortunato
cfortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.
14232603

How do you handle a discharge when younever received notification

How do you handle a discharge when younever received notification from the bankruptcy court that you are not discharged for a bankruptcy?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cfortunato replied 2 years ago.

Hi JACustomer,

1) Are you asking about a personal Bankrutpcy or a business Bankrutpcy?

2) Why was your Bankrutpcy dismissed?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1. Both but the corporate bankruptcy was dismissed - not the personal.

2. My pro bono attorneys (under a federal lawsuit I filed for anti-trust violations against competitor) was amended by the attorneys and made me and the corporation one entity. They then had me sign an agreement and told me it was to my financial benefit to do so and that I would also be returning to the business. That never happened. Frankly, I believe that the bankruptcy is still open.

You certainly should have received notice that your corporate Bankruptcy case was dismissed - if it was dismissed.

To find out if your corporate Bankrutpcy was dismissed, you can ask the clerk at the Bankrutpcy court. If your case was dismissed, you can file a motion asking that the case be re-opened. The Bankruptcy court clerk can give you the necessary forms and instructions to file that motion.

I think this is what you wanted to know. If not, please let me know.
Thank you.

cfortunato, Attorney
Experience: Bankruptcy professor.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear cfortunato,

Thank you for your reply. I did receive a response from wallstreetesq.
affiliated with Just Answer who advised that I should re-open my bankruptcy and request a "discharge" order from the court. I have already paid the $40.00 for his answer.

My bankruptcy is a lot more complicated. In reviewing the pacer info
today, I learned that my Chapter 7 was apparently changed to a Chapter
13 (WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE OR AGREEMENT - unless my pro bono attorneys
agreed to those terms without telling me what they did when I signed
the "stipulation" with prejudice" - (copy of which I never saw) the
stipulation I signed said absolutely nothing about such terms).

Not only that, but my attorneys knew that I would never sign such an
agreement and that is why they lied to me. They led me to believe
that I would receive a settlement and then would return to my own
business. Instead, my Illinois home is gone, my Wisconsin property,
and my business. In 1996 I learned that the bankruptcy court wrote
the program business I designed and generated over $20 Million in
gross revenues. I learned this after suing my pro bono attorneys in
Chicago Circuit Court.

Frankly I like your answer better than wallstreetesq. How should I
proceed?

Thank you.

Ann

i didn't know your question was already answered. But that is okay!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm so sorry. May I use you for future questions?
Yes - just start your question with "Dear cfortunato", and I will receive it. And please don't be sorry!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you so very much.

Have a great weekend.
You're welcome! And you have a great weekend also!