A.J.
A.J., Attorney
Experience:  Experienced consumer bankruptcy attorney.
14926557

I have lived in my home 33 yrs. along with my son. Years ago

Customer Question

I have lived in my home 33 yrs. along with my son. Years ago I added my son and daughter to my Deed as a gift. My income is only Social Security so my son took over the mortgage payments. He has several bills now that are past due because his job has cut back on his hours, therefore his wages are being garnished. He averaged $800-$1000 weekly now he is only bringing home $500 wkly. This amount has been garnished to $300 wkly. If he files for bankruptcy would that cause us to lose our home?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  A.J. replied 5 years ago.

SavyLawyer :

Hello, and thank you for contacting Just Answer.

SavyLawyer :

The short answer is not necessarily. How much is the home currently worth, and how much do you still owe on the home?

Expert:  A.J. replied 5 years ago.
How much do you still owe on the home, and how much aproximately is it currently worth?