cortrightlaw, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney practicing Bankruptcy Law including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13.

What is the max annual wage amount to file chapter 7?

Customer Question

Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cortrightlaw replied 4 years ago.

cortrightlaw : It depends on your state and the number of people in your family along with some other factors, what is your family's gross income and how many dependents do you have.
JACUSTOMER-jm13vyga- :

I make $45,000 and have no dependents

JACUSTOMER-jm13vyga- :

cortrightlaw : You will probably qualify but it will be close, some other factors will come into play such as a car payment or house payment, if you go to they have a good means test calculator that you can enter your information into and it will let you know if you qualify.
JACUSTOMER-jm13vyga- :

JACUSTOMER-jm13vyga- :

So you can't satisfactorily answer this question?

cortrightlaw : I think I gave you the appropriate answer, no one can tell you for sure without completing the means test and that exceeds what can be done on this site, so you need to either complete an online means test or go meet with a bankruptcy attorney.
cortrightlaw :

Have I satisfactorily answered your question? If I have please remember to click the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so that I will receive credit and compensation for my time (doing so does not end our discussion), i will gladly clarify my response or respond to follow up questions if needed.