Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My parents were represented by a bad lawyer in bankruptcy. He has been sanctioned by the

My parents were represented by a bad lawyer in bankruptcy. He has been sanctioned by the court for misrepresentation and bad legal advice. Should we find a new lawyer to review their case.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Roger replied 4 years ago.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney here to assist you.

If your parents cannot trust their attorney, and if the attorney has been sanctioned by the court for misrepresentation, etc., it is probably a good idea if they terminate their relationship with this guy and try to find a new attorney to assist them the rest of the way.

Bankruptcy is a very technical field and must be handled with great attention to detail to ensure that your creditors are properly identified in your schedules in order to get a complete discharge. Otherwise, there's no need to be in bankruptcy.