cortrightlaw, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney practicing Bankruptcy Law including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13.

Thank you for the info on my case. I filed it today and they

Customer Question

Thank you for the info on my case. I filed it today and they said that they made a judgment YESTERDAY. Even though the court date was the 8th. So, because of the entry of default is what perhaps "triggered" a different date. Now my understanding is that I have to file a motion to dismiss judgment or ??? Would you know what I do in this case? Arrggg And on top of that do I have to file something else with my BK?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cortrightlaw replied 4 years ago.

cortrightlaw : Give me a minute to review your question
cortrightlaw :

You do not need to do anything else with the judgment, no need to file a motion to dismiss, the bankruptcy will discharge the judgment debt so it will be gone, and in the mean time they cannot do anything collect on it.

cortrightlaw :

As far as your bk you trustee might send you a letter asking for documentation if he does just make sure to send it to him promptly. You need to send him the last tax return you filed.

ok. included in bk tax return. thanks again!!!