How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Satisfied Customers: 31232
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Bankruptcy Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I did not show up for an examination and production of documents

Resolved Question:

I did not show up for an examination and production of documents meeting. Now, I receive a Notice of Motion from the North Carolina Bankruptcy Court stating that I must file with the court by a certain date a response, explaining my position and request a hearing, if I don't respond, then the court may decide that I do not oppose the relief sought in the pleading and may enter an order granting that relief. Can you explain to me what this relief is or what it mean?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney here to assist you.


Are you the debtor in the bankruptcy?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am the debtor. This case has gone on for a very long time. Started out as a chapter 7, converted to a chapter 13, then reconverted to a chapter 7. The payments were set higher than the actual payments I was making before the bankruptcy case began. I do have an attorney that does not keep me informed the way I feel she should. Is there any way a bankruptcy case can be stopped? This case is causing me more headache than trying to pay my bills were. This is going into the 3rd year now and it just seem to be a back and forth case.
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.

Apparently, some creditor has filed a motion against you requesting some relief. Usually, this is a motion for relief from the automatic stay which allows a creditor to lift the automatic stay and recover its property. However, this could be some other request, but in any case, the motion is to provide some benefit to the creditor. You'll have to look at the docket to see exactly what the creditor is seeking.


Also, it is possible to dismiss the bankruptcy, but you can't do it on your own. Instead, you have to file a motion to dismiss the bankruptcy. The creditors and trustee will have the right to object to the motion, and if someone does, the judge will have to decide whether or not to dismiss the action.

Roger and 3 other Bankruptcy Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Bankruptcy Law Questions