Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by West
6704987

I did not show up for an examination and production of documents

I did not show up for an examination and production of documents meeting. Now, I receive a Notice of Motion from the North Carolina Bankruptcy Court stating that I must file with the court by a certain date a response, explaining my position and request a hearing, if I don't respond, then the court may decide that I do not oppose the relief sought in the pleading and may enter an order granting that relief. Can you explain to me what this relief is or what it mean?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney here to assist you.

Are you the debtor in the bankruptcy?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am the debtor. This case has gone on for a very long time. Started out as a chapter 7, converted to a chapter 13, then reconverted to a chapter 7. The payments were set higher than the actual payments I was making before the bankruptcy case began. I do have an attorney that does not keep me informed the way I feel she should. Is there any way a bankruptcy case can be stopped? This case is causing me more headache than trying to pay my bills were. This is going into the 3rd year now and it just seem to be a back and forth case.
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.

Apparently, some creditor has filed a motion against you requesting some relief. Usually, this is a motion for relief from the automatic stay which allows a creditor to lift the automatic stay and recover its property. However, this could be some other request, but in any case, the motion is to provide some benefit to the creditor. You'll have to look at the docket to see exactly what the creditor is seeking.

Also, it is possible to dismiss the bankruptcy, but you can't do it on your own. Instead, you have to file a motion to dismiss the bankruptcy. The creditors and trustee will have the right to object to the motion, and if someone does, the judge will have to decide whether or not to dismiss the action.

Roger, Attorney
Experience: BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by West