cortrightlaw
cortrightlaw, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney practicing Bankruptcy Law including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13.
63110502

what do i need to do to get my driver license back if i have

what do i need to do to get my driver license back if i have a judgement against me for a car accident. can i file chapter 7 or 13 to get them back. and if i can file i dont want to lose my car cuz thats the only thing that i own but making payments on it and want to keep it i just want to put the judgement on it

cortrightlaw :

You can file bankruptcy and eliminate the debt, after the filing and when you get your discharge you would then present the bankruptcy filing to the DMV office in your state showing that you no longer owe the debt. Depending on the value of your car, your other assets, and your income would determine what you can keep. Most of my clients keep all of their assets and do not lose anything, it is a common misconception that you will lose all of your property. Take the time to go meet with a bankruptcy lawyer in your area to get some good complete legal advice on your situation, most give free consultations.

cortrightlaw :

If you have found my answer responsive to your question please press the accept button so I can get credit for my response, and good luck.