cortrightlaw
cortrightlaw, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney practicing Bankruptcy Law including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13.
63110502

I am several months and several hundred dollars past due on

I am several months and several hundred dollars past due on my electric bill. I am still getting electric service from the electric company that I have the past due bills with. I am thinking about including the debt in my Chapter 7 filing but am worried about the consequences (the company refuses to provide me electric service, etc.) if I list the debt. Should I be worried about this?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cortrightlaw replied 4 years ago.

cortrightlaw : Givee a minute to review your question so I can provide you an answer.
cortrightlaw : You can list the debt and have it discharged but if you want to continue with electric service going forward they will most likely require you to make a deposit to reestablish service. So depending on how much you owe you might be better off making payment arraignments with them.
cortrightlaw : If you found my answer responsive to your question please push the accept button so I can get credit for my answer. And if you need further clarification I will gladly reply.