cortrightlaw, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney practicing Bankruptcy Law including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13.

What is mediation in a civil case in Florida b/w insurance

What is mediation in a civil case in Florida b/w insurance co. alleging fraud and a doctor defendant? Does the judge, plaintiff, or both parties call for this to settle before a trial.

cortrightlaw : Mediation is usually a required step prior to proceeding to trial. An independent judge or attorney is hired by the parties to be the mediator. Usually cases can be resolved at mediation if both sides are reasonable in their expectations.
cortrightlaw : If you find my answer helpful and responsive please accept the answer by clicking on the accept button so I can get credit for the answer, also if you need more clarification please post it on the question and I will respond.