Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy Lawyer. Experienced.
9968427

AFTER FILLING BANKRUPTCY HOW LONG BEFORE A STOP NOTICE TO US

Customer Question

AFTER FILLING BANKRUPTCY HOW LONG BEFORE A STOP NOTICE TO US MARSHALL & EMPLOYERS . IRS - GARNISH / JUDGMENT GARNISH WITH US MARSHALL ?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer,

So sorry to hear of this dilemma. If my answer is not clear to you or does not fully answer your question, please ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

The automatic stay of the bankruptcy court prohibits any action against the debtor outside of the bankruptcy court. Once a bankruptcy has been filed all collection action must cease.

You will want to file a "Suggestion of Bankruptcy" in all pending litigation to immediately notify them

Best wishes for a Happy and Healthy New Year!

Here is the form that you will require to do so:
http://ablelegalforms.com/free/suggestbk.pdf

In addition to, but not in lieu of, you can telephone the attorney for the creditor and tell him that you filed bankruptcy. He may request that you fax him the Suggestion of Bankruptcy.