Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS

ex-wife has filed for chapter 13, putting her residence up

ex-wife has filed for chapter 13, putting her residence up for sale. Her residence is being listed at approx. thirty thousandth below market value. I (ex-husband) have approx. 23,000 in judgments against her. With her home listed at such a low price, I may not get anything. can the sale price of her home be disputed? or should that be disputed by mortgage lender?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 4 years ago.

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on

You can challenge the actual value listed of the property at the 341 meeting, and since it may affect you, it is worth it. You should obtain either an official appraisal or a brokers letter, stating what the property would go for in a sale.