dylatess
dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law
29685164

After a bankruptcy 7 case is closed and discharged but the

After a bankruptcy 7 case is closed and discharged but the real estate is still in the name of the filer; can the filer transfer the real estate to another person or is there BK restrictions that would keep them from doing so ?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  dylatess replied 5 years ago.
Over 33 years, I have assisted my clients with debt problems having filed more than 32000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petitions. So long as the BK has been discharged, there is no longer a sty in effect. That is you are free to transfer real estate as the trustee has filed a no asset case and is no longer administering the case.

Best regards XXXXX XXXXX am glad  to help.  Please be so kind as to click the GREEN accept button as I do not get paid for my assistance unless you accept.   A bonus and and positive feedback are also appreciated.  An ACCEPT also assures that I can assist you again.  I wish you the best in the future.  Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Interesting, that is a tremendous amount of cases. Congrats ! This BK 7 involves 6 parcels of real estate and there was / is a trustee involved. My friend has an unrecorded mortgage of $60K on one of his property. The filer and the lender friend are trying to figure out the options to protect the unrecorded mortgage of $60K.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Interesting, that is a tremendous amount of cases. Congrats ! This BK 7 involves 6 parcels of real estate and there was / is a trustee involved. My friend has an unrecorded mortgage of $60K on one of his property. The filer and the lender friend are trying to figure out the options to protect the unrecorded mortgage of $60K
Expert:  dylatess replied 5 years ago.
Again you said the dischrge has been entered. Therefore, the trustee should have filed a no asset report.Best regards XXXXX XXXXX am glad  to help.  Please be so kind as to click the GREEN accept button as I do not get paid for my assistance unless you accept.   A bonus and and positive feedback are also appreciated.  An ACCEPT also assures that I can assist you again.  I wish you the best in the future.  Thanks.