cfortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.

I just recently took out a loan for 2650.00 with the intent

Customer Question

I just recently took out a loan for 2650.00 with the intent to get my bills paid up. I have been remodeling and things got out of hand with requirements and upgrades to suit the codes. How soon can I file for chapter 13 and do I have to do it in the state I live in as I live in a tri-state area? I am not behind but know there is no light at the end of the tunnel now as I am on a disabiliity income. Also, will I keep the truck I put up as collateral on one personal loan and the contents on the others if its a 13? What about stopping ACH withdrawals from these creditors when filing? Thanks. Great website.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cfortunato replied 4 years ago.

Hi JACustomer,

Are you asking how long you have to wait to file to prevent the $2,650 loan being deemed to be non-dischargeable?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How soon can I apply for chapter 13 bankruptcy

Can I apply with any of the tri-state attorneys

In a Chapter 13, will my collateral be saved

What do I do to stop ACH of my bills to these creditors.

1) If you have not already filed a Bankruptcy in the past, you can now apply for a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy as soon as you want.

2) You can use any attorney who is admitted to the Bankruptcy court in the state in which you live.

3) You should be able to stop the ACH payments by telling the creditors to stop the automatic payments. If they will not stop, you will have to close the account(s) that automatic deductions are being taken from.

I think this is what you wanted to know. If not, please let me know.
Thank you.