cfortunato
cfortunato, Attorney
Experience:  Bankruptcy professor.
14232603

i did a chapter 7 in 2009 of oct. I didnt put my house or truck

i did a chapter 7 in 2009 of oct. I didnt put my house or truck in the bankrupty. I did a rearrifirm the loan saying i will continue to pay. It been almost 2 years and on my credit report is has in bankrupty and i have gotten married and my husband and we need a bigger house and the lender did our loan states that my house was in the bakrupty....What do need for proof.....where do i get this reaffirm letter stated that I didnt include this because i was still making payments and I was told i can keep my house and my truck out of the chapter 7?????????????????????what to do?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  cfortunato replied 5 years ago.

Hi JACustomer,

If you re-affirmed your mortgage, that reaffirmation agreement had to be filed with the Bankruptcy court while your Bankruptcy was in progress. If you cannot find your copy, you can get one from the clerk at the Bankrutpcy court.

I think this is what you wanted to know. If not, please let me know.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i am asking if i did the reaffirm while in the chapter 7, should it show in the credit report that is was affirmed? does this mean that affirm agreement show that you didnt in clude this in the chapter 7 and you plan on paying as agreed and you are keep the home and car????

If you re-affirmed your mortgage, the fact that it was re-affirmed will not show up on your credit report.

If it was re-affirmed you will see a record of your payments made after the Bankruptcy was filed. If it was not re-affirmed, there will be no record of your payments made after your Bankruptcy was filed.