Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

We are a restaurant that has been losing money in the past

We are a restaurant that has been losing money in the past two years. One of our employees who left two years ago recently came back and threatens to sue us for $20,000 for OT, an amount we cannot possibly afford. We are considering bankruptcy. We currently do not have any other outstanding debt. Shall we file for bankruptcy now or wait for the court to decide on the employment case?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Roger replied 5 years ago.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney here to assist you.

If the employment case would be the only reason you would file bankruptcy, I would recommend that you wait and see how that turns out before filing bankruptcy as you may not need to if the employment case is resolved in your favor.