WALLSTREETESQ
WALLSTREETESQ, Attorney
Experience:  14 years exp., CH 7 AND 13 Bankruptcy cases, AFL-CIO UNION PLUS, UFT NYSID AND ALL MAJOR UNIONS
16356563

I borrowed $9000.00 and was taken to court while I was on the

I borrowed $9000.00 and was taken to court while I was on the road I'm a truck driver, now I have paid over $14000.00 and feel it is fair but the lawer in the judgement said I still owe another $10000.00. I want to appeal the court and concider it paid
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  WALLSTREETESQ replied 5 years ago.

WALLSTREETESQ :

Hello I am a licensed attorney here to help you with your question, please review my response and do not hesitate to ask for clarificati on

WALLSTREETESQ :

You can appeal the decision, however in most cases, if you did not appear for the lawsuit, the attorney

WALLSTREETESQ :

most likely added interest, and attorney fees to the case

WALLSTREETESQ :

If you filed a bankruptcy that would eliminate the entire judgment awed to them, and may be cheaper than an appeal

Customer:

but what does a bankrupcy do to my credit it is getting better

Customer:

in todays economy would the court concider this payment fair how can I get before the judge to hear my case?

WALLSTREETESQ :

A bankruptcy would hurt your credit, however if you have a judgment, and your credit is below 600, a bankruptcy would only hurt it a little, but would help in the long run

WALLSTREETESQ :

You can go to the court where the original lawsuit was started and try to file a motion to reopen if you failed to appear,

WALLSTREETESQ :

by claiming you were never served,

WALLSTREETESQ :

These cases are difficult to do, and costly

Customer:

is there a form to fill out or a place to get the right way to do this

WALLSTREETESQ :

You have to go to the original court where the lawsuit was decided and ask the clerk if they have forms to reopen a case,

WALLSTREETESQ :

they should tell you their,

WALLSTREETESQ :

You have to have a valid excuse, such as never being served etc. it can't be that their amount is too high,

Customer:

ok thank you I'll try this first and get back to you please send me your contact info

WALLSTREETESQ :

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask for wallstreet esq.

WALLSTREETESQ :

If satisfied with our service please press the accept button so we can receive credit