dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law

We have a business which is a S corporation in California.Loan

Customer Question

We have a business which is a S corporation in California.Loan amount on the equipment is about $98k .Unpaid rent total is about $ $46 k and credit card $181 k( including late fees)
We have a home,and has $200 k in equitity.Value is about $550 k.
2002 mercedes C240 and 2004 BMW X5 .
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  dylatess replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. For over 33 years I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.

it sounds like to are asking about your eligiblity to file BK. note, because of the equity in your home, more an $100,000, if you filed a BK, you cannot protect your home. Likewise, the cars are assets that are also not protected based on their values. But you should consult with a BK attorney about possbily filing a chapter 13 BK where you can save your home and reorganize your debts.

Because I help people like you here, for a living---this is not a hobby for me---I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX abiding by the honor system with regard to Accepting answers, by Clicking your ACCEPT button now. Otherwise I do not get paid anything at all. BONUS and POSITIVE FEEDBACK are also appreciated An Accept also assures that I can assist you again. I wish you the best in your future.