JP
JP, Attorney
Experience:  Represented creditors and individuals in bankruptcy and consumer matters.
11699753

I had my Bankruptcy on my public report on my credit report

I had my Bankruptcy on my public report on my credit report for over 10 years. Experian and Transunion has already removed my Bankruptcy from my credit report.

But Equifax still did not remove it even when I disputed on Equifax online. Do you have a sample letter to send to Equifax to remove my Bankruptcy from my credit report?

JP :

I don't have a sample form in my system, but I would suggest taking a look at the following website: http://www.debt-n-credit-letters.com/Report-Dispute/credit-report-disputes-index.html They have several sample dispute letters that are FREE to review, copy and use, including a letter to Remove the outdated information.

JP :

Best Regards,

Customer:

I need to send this to the 3 credit bureaus. Please write up a simple draft to remove old bankruptcy record on the credit report.

Nolo Press also offers a good resource for removing items from your credit reports and rebuilding your credit after bankruptcy. There books are meant for individuals to use and give you step by step instructions, including easy to use sample forms. Below are a couple of links you might find useful.

Book on removing items from your credit report

http://www.nolo.com/products/rebuilding-your-credit-PR185.html

Resources on rebuidling credit and removing items from your credit report

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/bad-credit-repair

If you find my answer useful please accept my response, or let me know if you need more information and I will be glad to followup.
cortrightlaw, Attorney
Experience: Attorney practicing Bankruptcy Law including Chapter 7, Chapter 11, Chapter 12, and Chapter 13.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Ok, thank you for your assistance. I really appreciate it.

Good luck I hope you get the situation corrected.

Here is a sample letter to remove the old and otherwise outdated bankruptcy record from your credit report:

Date

Your Full Name
Current Address
Current Phone Number

Attention: {insert credit reporting agency name}
Click for Equifax, Experian or Trans Union Address
{add CRA address here}

Dear {credit reporting agency}

This letter is a formal request to remove outdated information from my credit report. For easy reference, I've enclosed a copy of the credit report that your organization provided me on {insert date of report} with the outdated items circled in red. I've also listed the items below:

Line Item {insert number}:

{insert name and date of item}

In accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Section 605 [15 U.S.C. § 1681c] "Running of Reporting Period", as of December 29, 1997, reporting periods only run 7 or 10 years depending on the type of information. In my case, the information in question concerns an old bankruptcy record which expired as of [insert date].

I respectfully XXXXX XXXXX to investigate my claim and if you find my claim to be valid then I expect you to immediately remove the outdated bankruptcy record identified in this letter and any additional outdated items that you discover during your investigation. Furthermore, after correcting my credit file, I request that you forward a corrected copy of my credit report to me at the address listed at the top of this letter.

Finally, if your investigation determines the information is not outdated, I respectfully XXXXX XXXXX forward to me a description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the item in question. In accordance with the FCRA I respectfully XXXXX XXXXX forward this information within 15 days of the completion of your re-investigation.

Thank you for your consideration and cooperation in resolving this matter. If you have any questions concerning this issue I can be reached at: {insert daytime phone number including area code).

Sincerely,

Signature
Your Printed Name

JP, Attorney
Experience: Represented creditors and individuals in bankruptcy and consumer matters.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you very much. I really appreciate your assistance.