dylatess
dylatess, Attorney
Experience:  37 plus years of experience specializing in bankruptcy law
29685164

Can I kee ip my house and my car if I fil for bankruptcie

Can I kee ip my house and my car if I fil for bankruptcies.
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  dylatess replied 5 years ago.
Over 33 years, I have assisted my clients with debt problems having filed more than 32000 Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy petitions. Most probably you can. If the real state is your residence, and you have less than $50,000 equity in it, you can keep you home. And if you do not own your car, you must pay the creditor if you want to keep your car. If you own your car free and clear, you can keep your car so long as it is worth no more than $7500. But do consult with a Bk attorney as you may have other assets that also have to be protected. Best regards.

Best regards XXXXX XXXXX am glad  to help.  Please be so kind as to click the GREEN accept button as I do not get paid for my assistance unless you accept.   A bonus and and positive feedback are also appreciated.  An ACCEPT also assures that I can assist you again.  I wish you the best in the future.  Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
200000. Equitys I have in the house.

Expert:  dylatess replied 5 years ago.
no you definitely cannot protect your home if you have 200K equity in your home. So Bk is not an option.