Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

We have filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy on our own and so far

We have filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy on our own and so far it has been pretty easy. I just have a few questions like now that we are in this period where everything has been stopped while we wait for the 341 meeting, do we continue to make our house and car payments which we want to reaffirm? Or do we just wait until the meeting and until we have actually reaffirmed?
Category: Bankruptcy Law
Expert:  Roger replied 4 years ago.

Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Bankruptcy litigation attorney in Mississippi.

You need to continue to pay all debts that you want to reaffirm. In fact, you can go ahead and contact the lenders and make arrangements to file a motion to enter into the reaffirmation agreement.

Usually, the creditor's attorney will prepare the paperwork and submit it to you for signing. Here's a link to the forms: